Muffler Basics – When it’s Time for a Muffler Repair in Everett, Lynnwood, Edmonds, Mukilteo, Mill Creek, Washington
So, that annoying noise that is so obviously coming from your vehicle turns out to be the muffler. After praying for weeks to the ‘car gods’ that it won’t be a horribly expensive repair, the noise is now so loud that you have to wear earplugs on the way to work, right? Sounds like it’s time to call your local muffler specialist; Muffler Repair Everett. Whether you need service, repair or full replacement, Carson Cars is the most respected muffler repair in the Lynnwood, Mukilteo, Washington area.
Before your car gets to this point, however, there are steps that you can take to extend the life of your muffler. Keeping in mind that severe weather experienced in the Edmunds and Mill Creek Washington area poses additional stress to the internal heat and pressure exerted on any muffler. For this reason, regular inspection of your muffler is strongly recommended. It is simple to check whether the problem is the muffler, even if the repair is not one that you can complete.
A failing muffler will not only register a distinct audible difference, it can also create a hazardous atmosphere inside your vehicle. The muffler is responsible for keeping exhaust fumes out of the cab of the vehicle in addition to quieting the engine noise. Because exhaust fumes are clear, and masked by outdoor odors, the result can be catastrophic – especially to children and the elderly. Initially, a muffler leaking fumes into your car may cause:
- Allergy-like Symptoms
- Watery Eyes
Should you happen to notice any of these symptoms after traveling in your vehicle – have your exhaust system checked immediately. Call Carson Cars for a muffler check up – their certified technicians will do a thorough inspection and insure that your vehicle is safe to drive. While there are some minor repairs you can handle on your own, any portion of the exhaust system is best left to the professionals!
To inspect your muffler, first be certain that your vehicle is cool, then do a visual inspection.
- Securely raise your vehicle if necessary, with floor jacks or a ramp. It is essential that your car is safely raised to avoid injury or death.
- Carefully slide under your vehicle and locate the muffler, which will be the last chamber before the exhaust pipe(s).
- Using a flashlight and proper safety gear (gloves, eye protection and face mask), visually inspect the muffler. Run your hands over the entire assembly to feel for rust penetration, dents, etc.
- Check all exhaust hangars (thick rubber loops). Make certain that all hangars are present and not broken. Any missing or broken hangars must be replaced to diminish stress on the exhaust system.
- Check flanged sections where the exhaust system connects.
While you may not be able to make the necessary repairs, at least you will have a better idea of what will be required. For trusted muffler service and muffler repair in Everett, Lynnwood, Mukilteo, Edmonds or Mill Creek, Washington call Carson Cars today!