Check Engine Light Problems? Schedule Car Service in Lynnwood
Unless you are very familiar with vehicles and how they work, it can be startling and unsettling when one of your “check engine” lights on the dashboard starts to glow, particularly if you’re on the road at the time. Even with premium and diligent care, sometimes things go wrong suddenly that should be taken care of as soon as possible to prevent the problem from becoming worse. Bring your vehicle in for car service in Lynnwood to the experienced team at Carson Auto Repair.
There are all kinds of issues that may cause your check engine light to go on. Here are some common reasons:
1. A weakening oxygen sensor shows oil burning or an internal leak.
2. An air flow sensor that doesn’t work properly reduces fuel economy.
3. A vacuum hose that cracks or develops a leak can cause many engine problems.
4. A gas cap that is loose causes gas to disperse and leads to more frequent fill-ups.
5. A fading catalytic converter requires immediate attention.
6. Bad spark plugs and/or wires cause engine misfires and insufficient gas mileage.
7. A faulty ignition coil can lead to high temperatures under the hood and can damage other vehicle components.
8. A dead battery and charging system are obvious problems, as you can’t go anywhere. The average battery life is three years.
9. A malfunctioning EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve creates misfire, rough idle and engine hesitation.
For Ford, Acura or Chevrolet repair, contact the certified, knowledgeable mechanics at Carson Auto Repair at (425) 905-2460. We’ll be happy to schedule your vehicle for premium car service in Everett. Let us help you get back on the road quickly and safely, and without spending a fortune.